Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just skiied for the first time yesterday. I *loved* it. I want one :)

I was hoping I could get some advice on what to look for in a ski or some recommendations on some good models.

I'm a 5'6", 130 lbs, girl. I want to do tricks and ride fast. I'd like my bf who is 6' 195 lbs to be able to ride also, but he wouldn't be doing tricks like I want to. I rode a sit down wave runner the other day. I did some jumps and 180s. It was sooo much fun :) I've heard stand ups are better for tricks and such though. Do they have ones that are both stand up and sit down?

So yeah, please pass on some advice. Links to good sites to read up on stuff would be great also.

Thanks so much,
--St. Claire.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi. I just skiied for the first time yesterday. I *loved* it. I want one :)

I was hoping I could get some advice on what to look for in a ski or some recommendations on some good models.

I'm a 5'6", 130 lbs, girl. I want to do tricks and ride fast. I'd like my bf who is 6' 195 lbs to be able to ride also, but he wouldn't be doing tricks like I want to. I rode a sit down wave runner the other day. I did some jumps and 180s. It was sooo much fun :) I've heard stand ups are better for tricks and such though. Do they have ones that are both stand up and sit down?

So yeah, please pass on some advice. Links to good sites to read up on stuff would be great also.

Thanks so much,
--St. Claire.

look into the sea-doo 3D.... you can ride it like a stand-up and sitdown...but it doesnt hold two people..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 3d good fro tricks? I want to get a used one since I'm just a beginner. How do I know what to look for in a used machine? How do I know if the price is fair? How much does insurance tend to run?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is the 3d good fro tricks? I want to get a used one since I'm just a beginner. How do I know what to look for in a used machine? How do I know if the price is fair? How much does insurance tend to run?

yes you can do tricks on it..

well when you go buy a used machine, just use your best judgement, do a compression test, look for oil in the hull, check pump components, spin the crank with the plugs out to see if it spins freely and easily,, start it, take it for a test drive...

i have no idea what a 3D goes for,,, look on nada or KBB for a price on that unit,,, or check what others are going for on ebay, craigslist etc.

if your not buying a new ski and making payments then its not required to have insurance, atleast in tx its not.... im not sure about where you live...

·
Registered
2 Posts
insurance is always a good idea, whether you own it or not, mainly in case of injury...progressive has a free quote process for PWC's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts