Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im a new member and have a problem with my 1996 Waveblaster II.

Everything ran perfect until today on lake. I was driving the ski kind of hard (like any other day) i shook the ski left and right so it shook the butt of the ski and did a 180. I gassed it when it came to a stop and got out of the hole fine. But as soon as i did that, the jetski sputtered a little i think.

I tried to full throttle the jetski, but it makes this humming noise for a second and then takes off. Once it starts to move again it runs fine and idles fine. But when i come to a complete stop and try to full throttle from a complete stop, it makes the same humming noise for a second or two and either stalls out or goes fine.

What can be the problem here? This only happens when im at a complete stop and i try and full throttle it. Once i start moving again, the ski will not hesitate and accelerate just fine. but if im at a complete stop, it will stall out or it doesn't move for a few seconds and it takes off again.

I've changed the spark plugs ( looked pretty worn out) just now, so i will see tomorrow morning again on the lake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the problem still exists. Changed the spark plug and ran on water today. no luck.

I just did a compression check and front came out 150 and rear was 148. i'm going to change the fuel filter tomorrow but when i blew on the other side it seemed pretty good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm guessing you changed the filter too and no luck?

Did you check the jet pump to see if you sucked up anything? It really sounds to me like a problem in that area.

Can you localize the humming noise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If its loading up its prob the carbs letting to much gas in at idle/low throttle. I had a seadoo which did this and it was the needle and seats which caused the most problem. They dont seal well after 15 years. Also the pop off pressure for the spring above it should match your carbs/model etc. Idk what the noise could be though. It might have acell pumps on the carbs and maybe they are not working correctly or clogged?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts