Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for DIY plans, parts or similar to build a manual or automatic ski lift for a stationary dock.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ganoleman said:
I'm looking for DIY plans, parts or similar to build a manual or automatic ski lift for a stationary dock.

Anybody have any ideas?
We have a stationary dock too and plan on buying a couple skis next year. We have a covered boat lift (with boat on it) and if we don't sell the boat, we need something for ours to get them out of the water. Been looking at Jet Dock drive-on types but not sold on that idea yet. Have you looked at the different lifts at Overtons? They have a good selection of both manual and electric lifts there. I think when all is said and done, you'd pay at least as much piecing something together instead of buying a unit.

Let me know if you come up with some good alternatives! :dunno:

Howard

·
Registered
6 Posts
ski lift

I made one and had it hot dipped in galv., then bought nylon rollers and pulleys and motor, gearbox, and cable. Not including what I paid for steel, I had $1300 in lift and you can buy one complete for around $800+-. Mine is built stronger than those but most jet skis are less than 800#'s. If I had to do it all over I would just buy one complete. the place I bought some parts from sells complete lifts Boat Lifts, Aluminum Boatlift, PWC Lift, Dock Ladders, Floating Docks - Lunmar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts