Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a Seadoo GTX 99 which Iam working on. It won’t start at the moment and I believe is the battery. In my haste to remove the old battery, I didn’t note which terminal the earth was attached to before going to the motor. Can somebody please advise me? Also I have second ski which has a new battery which I had tried in Seadoo but I only got a beeping sound and then nothing when I tried to turn it over. Again any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
First step is to make sure the battery is fully charged. I don't care if it is new. At least performance a voltage test or better yet, a load test.
The battery negative cable is usually attached to the engine crankcase somewhere. The positive cable runs to the electrical box, where the solenoid is. The positive cable usually has a red boot over it where it attaches to the battery.
Remove the spark plugs. It will be easier for the engine to turn over and try again. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T
First step is to make sure the battery is fully charged. I don't care if it is new. At least performance a voltage test or better yet, a load test.
The battery negative cable is usually attached to the engine crankcase somewhere. The positive cable runs to the electrical box, where the solenoid is. The positive cable usually has a red boot over it where it attaches to the battery.
Remove the spark plugs. It will be easier for the engine to turn over and try again. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great! Remember the battery's state of charge comes first and is essential to troubleshooting any electrical issue.
Be careful to identify which battery cable is which.
Sea-Doos have special posts that the spark plug leads must be connected to if the engine is spun over with the spark plugs removed. This grounds the secondary voltage from the coils and prevents serious damage to the ignition module. Your Owner's Manual should tell you where they are.
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts