Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.

I just bought a VX 110.

Does anyone know, if there is any ski rope pole that I can apply to the back? I do know that Yamaha doesn't offer one but maybe someone has an idea where to find such thing.

All best :thumbsup: !
Josef

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey folks.

I just bought a VX 110.

Does anyone know, if there is any ski rope pole that I can apply to the back? I do know that Yamaha doesn't offer one but maybe someone has an idea where to find such thing.

All best :thumbsup: !
Josef
I would recommend using the cleat under the seat to tow a skier/wakeboarder. I'm not sure there would be a way to mount a ski tow bar/pole that would be strong enough for towing. An extended pole would put a great deal of stress on the fiberglass of the ski unless it was supported in several locations (like making a wake tower for the ski). On a boat the ski bars/poles are usually fastened to wooden cross members inside the hull of the boat not just screwed into the fiberglass, which is what you would have to do on a ski.

It was even suggested to me by a dealer that towing a tube with a ski would put too much stress on the cleat under the seat, and that I should tow a tube using the two stern cleats with a "Y" harness to distribute the stress.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks for your post. I am already considering to buy a SeaDoo Wake Pro...
I've seen the Sea Doo Wake machine, and I think the extendable ski pole is more gimick than anything else. It really only puts the tow rope about 12 inches higher than it would be if you used the cleat, which is not going to make much difference to a wakeboarder or skier.

I do like some of the other features of the Sea Doo, like the cruise control feature, which would be nice for wakeboarding, cruising, etc.. The off power steering, and the feature that lets you control the take-off speed could also be useful. I think the brake system is probably pretty useless for anyone that has ridden a ski very long, but might be nice for a newbie.

If you are really going to be doing a lot of wakeboarding, you will probably never be happy with any ski as your towing platform anyhow. Skis just can't produce enough wake to keep advanced wakeboarders happy. Maybe you should save your money for a boat.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts