Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The busy summer has kept me from getting the ski out yet this year. I have a 2002 XLT 800 that I bought a few years ago and it's always ran perfect. I stored it in my garage over the winter as I do every year....doesn't get that cold here in Texas anyway. I put a new battery in it last year at the beginning of the summer but I went ahead and charged the battery last week anyway. With it in the garage I attempted to start it and all I got was a humming sound coming from the rear of the PWC inside the hull....near where the large silver thing is that I guess sucks the water in? Sorry for the lack of technical knowledge on this ski. It didn't seem like it was even trying to start. I had put new plugs in it and thought maybe they were bad so I put the old ones back in and got the same result.

The control panel didn't light up or show anything so I'm hoping that maybe it's the battery still. I Know I have not given much info, but anyone have any idea what I should try next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a meter to see if the battery is fully charged or not.....I'll have to get a meter and find out what it's putting out. But it's not doing anything now except for making the humming noise.

It fired right up last summer when I used it last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts