Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... total noob here to the PWC scene. But I am a good mechanic and a good paint and body man as well.

I heard someone state that a piston could be replaced without pulling the motor. Is this true and if so can someone explain it to me?

Here is my situation:
199x SL750 with the classic hole in the PTO piston. It's the cylinder closest to the pump. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

The watercraft is in excellent shape and has been stored assembled for the last 5 years. If I opt to pull the motor I'm going to put it back better than stock but not too wild. Cradin Industries has offered to donate some high performance coatings to the internal components. Mainly the pistons and skirts.

Any advice from the experts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
First I'll admit I'm not an expert. I have done both on my 1994 SL750. Replaced the pistons in the hull and out. But I would recommend to pull the engine to flush the lower end of anything that may be in there. If you opt to do it in the hull, you'll need to pull the exhaust manifold out, disconnect the "P-trap" first and remove the exhaust manifold. With the exhaust manifold out of the way then you can remove the "P-trap".

KC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts