Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a couple 1997 Jetskis - a 750zxi and a 900zxi. The 750 has no problems at all. The 900 fires up and runs well, but there is this sensor that is just hanging in the engine compartment. I attempted to figure out what it was and where it goes via the manual, but couldnt find it. It isnt present on the 750.

Also - when turning on the 900, i dont get either dummy light lighting up. The other gauges appear to work (trim even works!). Any idea there? Maybe just a short?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
did you ever figure out that sensor? i have a 97 zxi 1100 and it has that same sensor hanging in the hull i have no clue what its for doesnt seem to affect anything though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I didnt actually. However - I did find on the inside hull where it was supposed to be stuck (there was some glue reside in the shape of the sensor on there) so I wipped out some super glue and stuck it back where it went. All I can guess is some sort of temp sensor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, it's a temperature sensor. I have one in the hull of my 02 1100 ZXi. It kills the motor if the internal temperature of the hull gets too hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts