Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just getting into jet skis this year i recently picked up a 87 js550 FOR $300 runs like a charm, and i also picked up 93 750ss i was just wondering if the fuel and oil lines need to be primed b4 running the engine. I had the engine started but its not getting fuel from the tank, is there a fuel pump on these things? lol im used to dirtbikes where gravity does the job. So ne one who has ne pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I believe there is a pump in the tank but could be wrong as it has been years since I have seen one of those ski's. If it does have a pump in the tank, then it is probably bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does ne one know if there is a pump in the tank? and what is the purpose of the case pump on the carb?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know of any Kawi stand up that has a pump in the tank. They all have a pump integral to the carb.

One trick you can try is blowing in the vent line.... It has a one way check valve and by blowing in it you slightly pressurize the tank and there's no risk of drinking any fuel.

If you pull the fuel line from the carb you can push fuel through the system and clear the old fuel from your lines using this technique.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts