Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I split (blew) the rubber tube hose that connects the engine exhaust to the waterbox and had it checked out and thought it was maybe just regular wear and tear. The ski is a 2000 1100 STX DI but it only has a little over 100 hours on it. Replaced the hose and it ran fine just like before. Question is, is there a cooling hose that could be plugged that I could undo from the engine and see if there is any restriction and if so where would that be? I have been on the Kawasaki site looking at the parts diagrams to try and see what cooling hose may be blocked that I could try and flush out. This ski is new to me and I really don't know much about flushing it if it would get some debris in it so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance if anyone has any help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does it already have a flush fitting? If not you might invest in one, i believe the kts come with instructions as to how to connect it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a fitting on the top front side of the exhaust pipe that looks like you would put a garden hose on to flush it out. Didnt know if this is where you connected to flush the system and if you had to have the ski running during this process. Also do you disconnect any hoses on the engine during this process or will the water flow out of the machine through the regular ports if it gets flushed out. Hate to take it back to dealer if this is something I could do myself with your help from here. I figured its an easy procedure I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That fitting where you can connect a garden hos eis for flushing the engine. Yes the engine needs to be running BEFORE you turn on the water, and no there aren't any hoses to disconnect before doing this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help got the engine flushed and everything seemed to work well all weekend long with the new hose on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts