Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
sponsons come stock on all boats.... go to any manufacturer website and you can see them there..

riva, R&D, beach house all make aftermarket sponsons... but there really no difference performance wise than oem(stock) sponsons

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i didn't understand what they were, i'm quite heavy and i heard that smaller older skis don't balance to well at low speed and idle with fat people.
I know have a 95 yamaha 700cc machine so i guess i'll get aquainted.
RichardKCMo

·
Registered
209 Posts
there used for steering bite and help with stability in the chop..

just stay on the gas and you wont be tipping over:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have aftermarket sponsons and there insane compaired to stock. Don't help the balance at slow speeds but they will make the ski cut a hard tight corner without skid. First hard corner I took after changing from oem to aftermarket it threw me off at 50 mph cause the ski stuck hard in the corner

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have some aftermarket ones for my kawi 550. Is there a certain angle or way they should be installed to maximize performance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have aftermarket sponsons and there insane compaired to stock. Don't help the balance at slow speeds but they will make the ski cut a hard tight corner without skid. First hard corner I took after changing from oem to aftermarket it threw me off at 50 mph cause the ski stuck hard in the corner
how much did you spend on aftermarket spons's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts