Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1994 Tigershark Montecarlo and noticed the guy that had it before the owner I bought it from lost the Port side sponsor ( rubber fin stabalizer on the hull ) So now the ski has one and is missing one. I guess it has been ridden like this for quite some time. I was going to order a new one and install but the previouse oener convered the holes with a bondo like hard product. My question is is this sponsor needed? If it is were the holes drilled and tabed in the hull because i cant fine where a bolt would have come in to the engine compartment they are too low. Thansk for your time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW:
On my 96 monte carlo, there are threaded inserts in the hull. I understand the sponsons help corner/carve the water for sharper turns. I imagine you'd have to drill through the hull on both sides using marine ss hardware to hold the port and starboard sponsons in place. I'd use plenty of RTV gooped all over the bolts, washers, and nuts (I'd use nylocks to insure they'd never vibrate loose), plus a bead around the holes on each sponson to insure when they are installed you have a leak free installation. If you are going to re-install 'em, consider the aftermarket racing stuff out there on the net for better carving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts