Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a waverunner with an engine with less than 50 hours on the engine. Last time I took it out I came down on a wave somewhat hard, but nothing terrible. Right after that happened I noticed that the waverunner started to stall when I went past 34 mph (I usually can get it up to 50+ full throttle). I cleaned some seaweed out of the intake and thought that was the end of it. The next time I took it out it started and idled perfectly. When I tried to go past 34 mph (half throttle) it started choking again. It doesn't cavitate when I throttle... I kind of chokes like I'm losing fuel flow. I'll list the things that MIGHT be related to what is happening...

1. I recently troubleshot the fuel valve that controls the fuel control (OFF, ON, RES). It worked for a day though before hitting that wave and then having problems... I didn't think until later to put it in RES to see if that has any better performance.

2. I looked at the engine and noticed that there part of the engine that is leaking water out of it. When I'm flushing the engine I can see it seeping out ever so slightly. In the pic link below... imagine a vertical grease line right next to the "A" in YAMAHA. Thats where I see the water seeping out slightly.

http://my.execpc.com/~mortl/gp1200-2.jpg

3. Theres a very minimal amount of seaweed tucked way in near the prop that I can't get to. Its a very small amount though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1999 Yamaha Waverunner XL760.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to take it to the shop. They told me that it was a gasket that needed to be replaced where the leak was. Now there's no water seeping through and it runs great.

Then I had a problem where my engine was skipping somewhat like that and it turned out to be one of my spark plugs had a loose electrical wire.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts