Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Montego tigershark. I rebuilt the carb on the unit last year. I have the high and low needles on the carb to specifications of the watercraft. My problem is now the tigershark starts up and will idle, and can give bursts of throttle and it moves. But when I hold the throttle all the way down it stalls out. I am not sure where to turn to next. I have checked the lines, carb seems to be getting gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tigershark stalls out

My tigershark stalls out when reved up. After it is turned off then restarted it runs great for 7-9 seconds the stalls out. Got all water out so thats not it. Any ideas anyone? 96 or 97 650cc i think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check the exhaust.

I just had the same issue.
As I read on another forum, the exhaust bolts broke at the expansion chamber to the down tube. All of the exhaust was dumping into the hull under the seat. The carb was sucking fumes. It idled fine but would not come up to plane.
I'm fixing it now, but I expect good results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well it began stalling again. Took it to a mechanic, said the carb filter had trash in it. He's going to clean it out and take it for a spin. We shall see. Wonder if a better inline fuel filter would catch the trash before it hits the carb filter? Gas with alcohol seems to make the older PWCs have problems with eating up gas lines. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post but if you still check this post I have a simalar problem. Did cleaning the carb filter fix the problem. If so does anyone if it's difficult to clean or where it's located?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts