Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding many sit down jet skis, and I would like to purchase a kawi stand up jetski, I dont know a whole lot about the stand up ones on what type is the best, but know kawis to be a great machine. Does any one know how long the life expectancy is to be on them? Any thoughts or opinions would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an 89 sx the one in the picture. It is still running the stock crank, on the stock bore with 145 compression.

Take care of them and they will last forever.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I second that! I have a 96' Kawasaki 750 SXI that is bone stock other than an aftermarket ride plate and intake grate. It has well over 150 hours on it, with most of that being ridden in the ocean wave jumping or in the bay, which is also salt water. Since we moved to Colorado, it now only sees the fresh water lakes but the thing still runs as good as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Alright thanks! So do you think if I bought a good condition used one it would have a fairly good life under it assuming it was taken care of? Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
It should. Look for one that is stock though. I have seen some guys even do little things that really mess them up like add additional pisser's on them but screw the job up royally and had leaks everywhere. If it is stock, chances are the guy just used it for having fun and never thrashed it really bad.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Now it's me agreeing. A bone stock sx will last virtually forever, provided it hasn't sat for years without being run. If they are left to sit the crank seals dry up and leak causing crankshaft failure at the main bearing. Usually on the rear of the motor / driveshaft side.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Hey no fear, I love the year of stand up you have! Your's looks in great condition too. Do you have any pics in action posted on here? Or even just sitting still?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks! Hopefully I will be able to find one before the lakes get covered with ice! Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
111 Posts
Now it's me agreeing. A bone stock sx will last virtually forever, provided it hasn't sat for years without being run. If they are left to sit the crank seals dry up and leak causing crankshaft failure at the main bearing. Usually on the rear of the motor / driveshaft side.
+1 for stock or close to stock skis. Both of mine are still going strong.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey no fear, I love the year of stand up you have! Your's looks in great condition too. Do you have any pics in action posted on here? Or even just sitting still?

I have an album of pictures over at Canadian PWC. Same handle, No Fear Here.

We just got back from a weeks holidays at Cultus Lake here in B.C. Canada. We got some really awesome pictures of action. Even took some of me giving the kids a ride. I will create another album there and then let you know once it's posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 93 kawi SX and a 94 kawi SXI, and both are in great condition today. No major mechanical problems for the years we've had them. Love both of them, especially the SX. Its lighter, faster, and more manuverable than the SXi and its a hell of lot harder to ride but its worth it if you can get it down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts