Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 88 waverunner (my first ski) and its a lot of fun but the problem is that I got to ride a new waverunner stand up and fell in love. So Im considering selling or trading the waverunner for an older stand up. My question is what are some of your recomendations as to what models run the best and are more beginer friendly? Im probly looking for something older (80's to 90"s) to keep in my budget. Any input is appreciated and Im in the Pittsburgh area if you have anything for sale.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look for a js550. I can pick them up in Ma for about $600. The js440 would be a decent starter ski. Don't get the 300cc one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a 88 waverunner (my first ski) and its a lot of fun but the problem is that I got to ride a new waverunner stand up and fell in love. So Im considering selling or trading the waverunner for an older stand up. My question is what are some of your recomendations as to what models run the best and are more beginer friendly? Im probly looking for something older (80's to 90"s) to keep in my budget. Any input is appreciated and Im in the Pittsburgh area if you have anything for sale.

Thanks
What's your budget?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think I would reccomend a 650SX. Having ridden both, I think those hulls are a little more begnner-friendly than the 440/550 hull.

-just my $0.02

·
Registered
12 Posts
Must agree with joesy. Older JS models are kind of difficult to ride but they are very fun. Round Nose models are a bit more forgiving. both are pretty easy to work on. If you do want to save some dough get a JS550. Parts are more readily available than 440 or 300.
Avoid skis that are have modified heads. They tend to need high octane gas to run well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts