Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the winter we bought two used yamaha wave runners

The guy told us one of them takes a few trys to start but it just won't start AT ALL...

We have a 700 and an 1100. The 700 started no problem, but the 1100 will not seem to start...we tried putting new plugs in and that didn't seem to help. The battery is tested over 12.5 volts on my DIMM so we know thats not the problem. We pulled one of the plugs out and attached it to the plug wire while out of the cylinder it didn't seem to be sparking, I wasn't sure if it needed to be grounded to spark but it certainly wasn't sparking. How can we further troubleshoot this problem as well as rule out the spark plug issue.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The spark plug has to be grounded to spark (put it in contact with metal on the engine, but not directly over the hole you took it out of).

Is the engine turning over?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, I'll recheck the plug then.

Yes the engine is turning over... when I try to start it, it cranks fine but it doesn't fire.

(also the previous owner said that every spring that jet ski would take a while to start after sitting all winter but it he said it always started after a few tries, 5 minutes or so)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts