Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started having a problem with my 95 waveraider 1100. Two weeks ago i had the ski out and the ski stalled all of a sudden after a long hard day of ridding, figured i ran out of gas so we towed her in loaded her up and that was that for the day. 2-3 days later i put the ski's back in the water and attemped to start the ski and got nothing like it was a dead battery. Checked the battery and it was fine. Then noticed that there was a large stick comming out of the intake grill. Pulled the stick out and it started right up n ran at idel till i gave it gas and then shut back off. After that i tried to start it again and i got nothing yet again like before where it seemed like the battery was dead. After about a week of not having the time to mess with it last night i went out to try it. Well now battery is fully charged i took off the intake grate and saw nothing in there. Now when i hit the button to start it will slowly move a piston up and maybe back down and thats it. it really moves maybe one revolution and thats it before it wont go over again. Any one got any ideas here??? She ran great all summer so far. Please help me

thanks
jason

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Before you start messing with the carbs or anything make sure your compression ok. Do a compression test first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a compression check about 3 weeks ago before this problem started and all was well but i will do it again if i can cuz it turns over so slowly i dont know if i will be able to but i will give it a shot. any ideas if that checks out ok???

thanks
jason

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'd check to be sure the battery is OK (load test it), or try a different battery to see if you get the same results.

Other potential problem is that you bent something with the stick through the pump. Is the impeller rubbing the wear ring? Bent drive shaft keeping the engine from turning? Pull the plugs and see if you can turn it over by hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i'll check the compression and double check the battery. It does seem as tho something got bent. I removed the grate at the bottom and made sure nothing else was in there and the propeller also looked ok along with the drive shaft but im no expert. It does seem as tho something is bent now that u said that. Question how or where do i turn the motor over by hand??? I'll pull the plugs but where do i turn it over from???

thanks
jason

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
See if you can turn it by the black coupler on the shaft. If not try the impeller. You can remove the cone at the end of the impeller, and see if you can turn the nut with a socket and extension. Use a feeler guage to see what the clearance you have between the impeller and the wear ring.

If you can't turn the motor without the spark plugs then you have to determine whether it is binding inside the motor or in the pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts