Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when a dealer works on a watercraft they hook a hose up to it, because it is watercooled. And you are not supposed to starup and run for
more than a very short time without the hose.

I have a 1990 Kawasaki 650 TS I need to start up(or try) out of the water??
How do you hook up the hose. I've searched and not found the connection.
Can anyone give me some instruction on how an where, and any other info.

bucx

·
Registered
285 Posts
Best Suggestion I can give you is to start from the back of the pump. You will find a hose that will run up towards the motor (threw the body) and towards the engine. This will be the cooling hose and you might have to put a splice in the hose so you can hook up your garden hose to it. NOTE: the other hose that will be back by the pump will be a siphon hose and you don't want to hook up to it or it will just fill the hull with water. Good luck. Wish i could give you a parts breakdown on the ski but its old enough that might be hard to find one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im gonna add to this question. I have an 89 kawa 650sx, I know where on the head I need to hook up my water hose for dry starting and made me a nice hose with a water shut off. The question I have is, I heard that you have to be careful, if you have the water on and running through the engine with the engine off will it fill the crank case full of water? If so how can I check to make sure this didnt happen and or drain the water?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pull your plugs. Roll engine over. There is a relief valve next to the intake that will let water out of your crank. I search this problem last month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts