Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have an idea how to realign the steering on a Yamaha? I've got an old Waveraider 700, steering is a bit off......meaning, when the jet ski is going straight, the handlebars are turned to the right. I know it should be slightly offset, to account for an emergency if you fall off with the engine running, and the lanyard is still attached.

Any information would be helpful!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Any body have an idea how to realign the steering on a Yamaha? I've got an old Waveraider 700, steering is a bit off......meaning, when the jet ski is going straight, the handlebars are turned to the right. I know it should be slightly offset, to account for an emergency if you fall off with the engine running, and the lanyard is still attached.

Any information would be helpful!
Don't know about a Waveraider, but there are usually a couple of bolts at the back that connect to the jet thrust nozzle that you can adjust. You may need to get hold of a service manual to tell you what they should be set at (usually involves measuring the nozzle in the full left and right positions and making adjustments to get them the same). This may not apply to the Waveraider, but it is how the VX and FX models are adjusted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts