Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever remove the cable ends and pull the cable out of the housing in order to lube the housing? Then reinsert the core back into the housing. I'm getting ready to try it and just wanted to see if anyone had experience already. They're not frozen just a little stiction. Already replace the cables at the handlebar...they were siezed.I'm talking about the steering and trim cables that travel out to the business end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steering cables

I too have the tight steering and really don't want to think about having to pay for new cables. I was thinking about pulling the cables out and lubing them, but I know I will never get them back. If your brave enough, I would like to know how well it worked or you?

I know I have a reverse cable that is siezed, so I will have to replace it.

Too bad they don't put an inline grease fitting on these cables!

JB

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't remove them from the housing. Try it and see, let us know. I always use a grease with Teflon in it, works awesome for marine apps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Are you talking about lubing up the handle bar adjuster. Its a pretty easy job. One long phillips screw underneath and then pull the handle off and pull it apart. Dont loose the ball bearings in there. They do get full of gunk in tere which does help after you clean it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts