Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 STX 1100 and it was running strong. I was riding and all of a sudden it started bogging down. the gas was low so I took it home filled it up but it had the same problem. It will rev up as high as you want when out of the water and it will initially plane but it will only do about 20-25, any more than that it just bogs down. one person thinks it is the jets, the other thinks it may have the cooling line clogged but it is pumping water fine. I don't want to start buying parts if someone has an idea what I should be looking for. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem. I have tried everything. PLEASE PLEASE Let me know if you find the solution to your problem.

I have clipped plug boots changed plugs cleaned and checked connections in ebox tightened and cleaned any wires that looked crappy. All 3 cylinders at 125 and I took heads off all look perfect. I have replaced the reeds checked the stator wires back for continuity, forced the temp sensor to put ski in limp mode, (totally different sound and runs at like 1000 RPM) Replaced entire electrical box ( Coils, CDI and anything else in there), changed start relay cause i broke the other one while working on it, changed exhaust hose that seemed to collapse on itself under load and quick throttle, STILL no fix. This is unreal. I have cleaned carbs and don’t see issue there. Replaced Reeds/Cages/Gaskets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts