Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the first time I posted this in the wrong place. Any way I've got a 05 12F. Last fall the engine compartment got flooded with salt water. I towed the ski in took it home and flushed it out thoroughly, used it a few more times in fresh water, ran fine put it up for the winter. A few days ago pulled it out of the garage when I tried to start it the starter spins and doesn't engage. I've looked at the service manual and I don't see any kind of a bendix drive. Has any one had this problem or pulled a starter.
Thanks,
Carl

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I guess the first time I posted this in the wrong place. Any way I've got a 05 12F. Last fall the engine compartment got flooded with salt water. I towed the ski in took it home and flushed it out thoroughly, used it a few more times in fresh water, ran fine put it up for the winter. A few days ago pulled it out of the garage when I tried to start it the starter spins and doesn't engage. I've looked at the service manual and I don't see any kind of a bendix drive. Has any one had this problem or pulled a starter.
Thanks,
Carl
With the engine compartment getting flooded with salt water, buy this stuff called "Salt Away" it comes with this thing you hook up to your garden hose that has a thing on the bottom you put the salt away solution in and spray it on your jet ski. You can also flush your jet ski out with it too. When I used to ride in the ocean, that is what I flushed my ski out with all of the time and would spray the engine compartment down with. What it does is put a protective coating over everything that prohibits the parts from rusting and corroding. As far as your started goes, you may just need to replace it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it did, But I went strait home vacumed the cyclinders out, flushed them with WD40 then installed fresh plugs and ran the ski for an hour in a fresh water river near the house. I also had the ski out a few more times after that with no problems. Nothing else in the engine compartment is showing any signsof corosion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts