Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the jet pump from my ski and completely disassembled. All the pieces are aluminum and I have sand blasted each part. I know I can spray with rustolium but does anyone have a better suggestion for painting these aluminum parts. Thanks Welder

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know about jet pump recommendations but my Volvo Penta outdrive manual recommends using Dupont 5717S Metal Conditioner and 226S Aluminum Conversion Coating as preparation. I primed and painted with the Volvo Penta spray prime and paint (silver). I refinished my corroded outdrive sections and they have held up really good. Good adhesion and no more corrossion. We are using it only in fresh water.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check with a local industrial plater or finisher for annodizing.

Annodizing is very tough and can get many colors too. There are two types of Aluminum annodizing....one is "hardcoat" which is very hard (but it will add approx. .002" to .004" per side on all surfaces...keep that in mind on tight tolerances) and the other is Type I which adds leass than .001"

Annodize might be a liitle pricy..... local plater finishers also may have a powdercoat system which also is very durable.

Just some ideas....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! welcome to Online Shop; shoes-trader--www.shoes-trader.com International Trade Co.,Ltd

Hello friend Kindly let me introduce my company service,as follows :
We can offer the such as nike, jordan, shoes, af1,air force one, bape, evisu, polo, lacoste, lrg,d&g,red monkey, jeans, shirt,t-shirt, juicy, handbags, purse, gucci, louis vuitton, lv, timberland, dsquared,coach, fendi, prada, burberry, chanel, chole, glasses, ipod, clothing, apparel, footwear, sneaker and so on.

New styles and hot styles are active every day. Quality products and quality service. Small profits but quick turnover. Don't be Hesitanted to contact with us. We accept big&small quantity order and mixed order. Drop shipping is available.
Welcome to visit it , shoes-trader--www.shoes-trader.com International Trade Co.,Ltd . msn [email protected]

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally I would not paint aluminum. It is aluminum for a reason:corrosion. Best bet is to keep it clean which you have done. I light coat of wd40 or silicone before reassembly should keep it protected for a while. When the time comes, maintenance and cleaning will keep it alive!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts