Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin at getting eihter a supercharged one or the Vx Cruiser?What should I get? Im leaning more to the Vx cruiser and also what do you guys pay on insurance on these things and do you think I could pull one with my 08 chevy cobalt?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Honda F-12X turbo. Personally I like the extra power but that is just me. Mine is a '05 model and my insurance on it is is around $325 per year, I have all the coverage I can get. As for pulling it with the cobalt, it will probably do ok as long as you have no major hills to cross.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Im lookin at getting eihter a supercharged one or the Vx Cruiser?What should I get? Im leaning more to the Vx cruiser and also what do you guys pay on insurance on these things and do you think I could pull one with my 08 chevy cobalt?
My brother owns both a VX Cruiser and an FX HO Cruiser (2007 models). By "supercharged" I guess you are referring to the SHO model with is a step up from the HO. Anyhow,although the size is similar between the VX and the FX HO there is a significant difference in the ride. The FH HO feels much more stable and plows through much of the little chop that bounces the VX around. I guess this is due primarily to the weight difference. With one rider the VX will nearly match the HO in speed, but on the rough lake we ride on the HO can just about always be ridden faster since it isn't being bounced as much. I much prefer the ride of the heavier FX HO, and would recommend you test them both before buying. The FX HO is also much better for multiple riders or if you are towing compared to the VX (I've tried them both). There is a significant price diference to consider though, and I'm sure the insurance would be more. You can get an online insurance quote from Progressive at: Watercraft Insurance: Watercraft Insurance Coverage - Progressive Insurance will vary depending on your age, locaiton, etc., so you are better off getting a personal quote. Don't know about the towing. I would guess the Cobalt would have around a 1000 pound max. You would be pushing the limit.

I'm looking to buy my first Waverunner also and it will definitely be an FX HO or HO cruiser. Wish I could afford the SHO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted the SHO but the budget just doesn't fit that. Lol More like the VX Cruiser/Deluxe. Overall is it a decent speed? Is decently quick and whats the top speed as you said you have rode one. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted the SHO but the budget just doesn't fit that. Lol More like the VX Cruiser/Deluxe. Overall is it a decent speed? Is decently quick and whats the top speed as you said you have rode one. Thanks
I am a fairly new VX Deluxe owner here, have about 27 hours on a VXD I bought back in July. As far as speed, I am 6' and a little over 200 pounds. I can go about 53, 54 pretty consisitantly. Anything over that depends on the conditions. I have hit 56 once or twice, my daughter has had it to 57 with a friend on the back.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've hit 52 mph on my brother's VX for a short burst, and that is as fast as I wanted to go. I suspect the top speed would be more, but I didn't reach its limit (too chicken). I don't feel comfortable at this speed unless the water is very smooth, and only for short runs. My brother claims he has had the FX HO up to 63 mph. The VX is very agile, quick, and turns on a dime. When comparing the VX to the FX HO it is sort of like comparing a sports car with a larger sedan. They both go fast, but with the VX you feel more of the bumps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My FX Cruiser HO will hit 60mph with 3 riders at a combined 400lbs. This is on smooth water. I can usually get it to 60 by myself at 3/4 throttle. I havn't had the need or want to go faster. Plus my lake has a 55mph speed limit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also remember if you buy the supercharged one you will be spending double on GAS, my SHO Cruiser uses double the fuel as my non supercharged one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts