Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 1997 Yamaha Superjet 701 this year, and the thing ran pretty good until it sank (long story) after it sank we got it running as quickly as we could and that day and ever since the ski has been running boggy. You can stand up and ride it normally, but as soon as I try to get out of the water and hammer the throttle she boggs. We got new plugs, and drained the fuel and put new fuel in it and it is still boggy. Carbs were apparently cleaned this year, could it be them again? Ski isn't stock, b-pipe, head, few other goodies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed a couple things, I've noticed there are air pockets or bubbles in my fuel lines.. How would i go about getting that eliminated? I was also told there is likely water inside somewhere, so if i let it run for a minute and take the plugs out and turn it over it kind of sprits water out just extremely minor, so is that what you're recommending check the compression?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
How much run time do you have on it since it sank? Angle the fuel line so the air will travel towards the filter if you have one, or towards the fuel shut off. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Check and make sure the fuel lines are all tight at the connections. For a compression test you need to get a compression tester. Most auto parts stores have them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts