Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

First post here, recently purchased a used 300lx ultra with 93 hrs on it, no history of maintenance etc so took a gamble.
First outing the ski wouldnt rev over 6800rpm and cut out a couple times when coming of throttle at speed.
Decided to do a service so changed plugs, oil and filter, also pulled the exhaust filter off and found it was missing, so pulled the water box off and intercooler.
Water box was ok no blockages, intercooler was gummed up with creamy oil so flushed and dried.
Went back out on water and now the ski hits 7500 rpm but when warmed up cuts out when coming off throttle at speed, starts straight up but is doin my head in.
When on the hose the revs start to surge up and down after a few mins and its actually cut out on hose a few times.
I pulled the fuel pump out and checked pickup but all looked good.
Ive ran 2 tanks of fuel through it, both 98 octane.
Could this be a fuel pump going bad?
Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check fuel pressure? Clean injectors? Why was there creamy oil in the intercooler? How did the oil look when you changed it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO..I’d put an exhaust filter back. it’s there to keep moisture out the engine so they say..if it works who knows but why chance it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO..I’d put an exhaust filter back. it’s there to keep moisture out the engine so they say..if it works who knows but why chance it

Thanks for reply, I'm gonna get u injectors cleaned and fit new fuel pump.
Not sure whete creamy oil came from. maybe it was due fof a clean out, looking at way ski hasn't been looked after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts