Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma. We swamped our 1050 SLTX last fall. I cleaned out the carbs, electrical box, 2 stroke oil, changed plugs, no water in separator and flushed it. It ran pretty good this spring, for about 15 minutes, then it died. It restarted after letting it sit for about 5 minutes, but only had about 1/2 the power it had previous to it dying. I again cleaned out the carbs, injectors, flushed the water separator, changed the plugs, and it still runs terrible. I ordered a new screen for the separator, new oil filter and planning on taking my compression tester, and checking the plugs for good sparks next time we go to the lake. Problem is, Lake Powell is 6 hours away and no one down there, I know of, works on these things. So it is pretty much up to me. Is there anything else I should look at? Help!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd put in fuel dryer, and make sure the electrical box is completely dry. Did the plugs have any water spots on them when you pulled them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A fuel dryer, meaning a gas treatment? And no there were no water spots on the plugs. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah the gas treatment called fuel dryer. Any watercraft store should have, or napa, whatever parts store is in your area.

·
Registered
811 Posts
A fuel dryer, meaning a gas treatment? And no there were no water spots on the plugs. Thanks for your response.

I have used a different fuel system clearing/cleaning thats used by the pros, It is called Seafoam, that should do what you need to have done.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts