Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2001 1100 stx di.... had some prev problem between bad gas and plugs that were not in the greatest condition. all that was replaced.... but today i notice that the hull was filling up with water.... about half full.. i did not roll over or anything. moter still run strong. when i was doing the engine flush when i got home it was fine. so i think all the hoses are good.

SO any ideas on what the problem could be?

The hull does not have any cracks or any hull repairs.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not sure about your machine but mine has a bilge that is connected to the jet pump. When the ski is running it creates a vacume that draws the water out of the hull. On the plastic pick-up in the hull there is a small hole that will prevent the siphon action from drawing the water back into the hull. This hole on my machine was plugged once and when the ski was sitting in the water it started to fill up. I cleared the hole ond have never had a problem since.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
STX/DI Water problem

I had the same problem last night. I just got mine a few days ago and I freesyle a little bit, I like to submarine mine and I noticed a lot of water in the hull after I ramped it. My old STS never did this. Where is the bilge pump thing or tube?

·
Registered
144 Posts
On mine it is located in the bottom of the engine compartment at the back just below the driveshaft. It is a small white hollow plastic block with some grooves cut in it to allow the water into it. On the top lefthand corner there is a tiny hole that I mentioned in my earlier post check to make sure that it is not plugged. My machine is an 89 sx 650 so things could be quite different for yours.

If you do lots of subs you will get water in the hull through the fresh air intakes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem fixed

ok to close out this thread it seems that there is a problem with the jet drive housing. there is a silicone epoxy that they used to seal the drive box. so any way when i took it to the shop i told the machanic the same as i discribed above and he said that this piece here "as he lifts up the silicone epoxy" looses it grip with the hull i don't know if it is because of saltwater or not but he pulled off all the old seal and put a new one in. thing runs great now and no water in the hull

1 - 8 of 8 Posts