Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got the pro done and was able to get out and ride it for the first time this summer! All seemed to go very well, the ski ran awesome with very few problems.

I broke one hose clamp from the pipe-to-manifold hose, one bolt (that i forgot to tighten) fell out of the steering pod. And the worst thing, which i'm kinda pissed about is the little spring that goes around the rear main crank seal fell off!!! I have NEVER seen this happen. All of these problems occured in the first little check ride i took (5 minutes).

Anyone else seen the crank seal spring come off?? It ran great however for the rest of the weekend.

I haven't run it TOO hard up top yet, but low end response and midrange are great, just a touch rich, but i'll take care of that later.

Top end, I was easily pulling 7600 rpm's and didnt hold it for a very long time, so i dont know if I'm gonna pull more r's yet or not. I believe i'm looking for 7800 stock...??? I was pulling 58-60mph at 7600rpm's in decent waters, but definitly not glass.

The hull took on maybe a gallon of water all weekend, and I am absolutely LOVING that!! I wasnt going under water like i used to, but i was still surprised how dry it stayed. I'll go out in a bit and get pix of how my underhood was finished and the seal that i used. (no storage tray for those who dont remember)

I've got to adjust my valves again, the center and mag valves want to stay open a touch every now and again for some reason. I think the cable might be binding....

I couldnt get any pictures in action, but here's a few pix of the lake/river I was at, and a couple other ski's that were along.

I would have been out there right then if i didnt go to a wedding reception the night before! Picture looking south towards bridge that is not visible.

This picture is where the river runs into the reservoir/lake. It's kinda like a delta and I'm always a nervous wreck when riding in this area. It can go from 8ft deep to 1ft deep...gotta know where that current bed is!!

Here's looking south towards the "mile long bridge" after the fog had lifted. This was saturday and was kind of a gloomy day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

My baby after a friend pushed her afloat. Yeah, we're a rowdy bunch.

A few of my friends ski's that were sitting beached at the time. '92 superjet, and '98 1100zxi, and my pro.

First water she touched all year!!

She's finally running and basically broken in, now to come....final tweaking/tuning.

Thanks to a bunch of you guys, Randy @ Watcon, Al, CrazyA, Sharps marine, and a big thanks to 785 Lugs for parts and tools!!!!

Pwctoday was a great resource for myself and this project, now we'll get started here!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad To See You Got Her Out , Get Them Carbs Figured Out So I Could Tow Mine Out By You Next Year, And Then You Can Help Me Get Mine All Figured Out If Thats Ever Possible Lol!!! She Looks Sweet Sittin There In The Water .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob, so far I think my jetting is gonna be pretty dang close now. 1997 carbs of coarse with 170, 165, 170 mains.

I switched to 95 pilots per Randy's advice. I'm gonna be real careful tuning in the high speeds, but Randy seems to think the 95 pilots will give me just a touch more fuel up top.

Highs are 1/2 turn out, and low's are 1 turn out (touch rich on bottom, like 1/8 to 1/4 turn)

Yeah, we'll have to hook up sometime. I need to come out and look at all those pros!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts