Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta admit, i rode my buddy's GP1200R today, and my fourstroke, while smooth, feels sorta gay compared to a two stroke!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess you have never rode a hydrospace, it makes riding a two stroke undoable, I could never have fun on a two stroke again, right now I need a throttle relay sensor and I have two perfect two strokes but I won't ride again until I get that sensor

my acceleration is unsurpassed, smooth kick a...

·
Registered
38 Posts
At all? You might want to contact 4strokepolaristech. Either here or at *********.com/forums in the Polaris section. He knows the Weber extremely well.
It should run with a bad tps but run real bad. You can test it with a multi tester if you can find the specs for it? This is what sucks about 4 strokes. So many darn sensors. You need the cable and software to get any codes too because you don't have a display gauge like the sit downs do that throw out codes on the gauge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Snackem said:
I gotta have the B-R-A-A-A-A-P, and four strokes just don't deliver.
I grew up riding motorcycles. One of the first baby pictures of me is my mom feeding me on an IZH 56. I've never ridden a thumper in my life, and now I own a 4-stroke jetski, can you believe it? LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am heading rapidly to my second hs

the part is made by bosch, I will match it up at the auto mechanic, is that funny or what

does brap mean it makes alot of noise and does not go nowhere

my boat kicks a.. and sounds just fine

mike clippenstein from canada bought another hs today that makes 4 hes got
the move is on, the boats are now going as fast as big boats can get em here

·
Registered
11 Posts
momarski said:

the part is made by bosch, I will match it up at the auto mechanic, is that funny or what

Good for you Momar.
I prefer freestyle over your riding style, hence no fourstroke for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
momarski said:

Just go to a HS dealer :) Seriously. Why not go to a Polaris dealer. I'm sure you would have better luck there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2 Stroke is nice but the clean air police got there way and in a few years you will see them fade out like VHS when the DVD Came out

I know the die hard guys will say they will keep rebuilding them but there numbers will take a large hit and the market will change as far as parts go ...
and a Hull will only last so long before its raged to death...

Till there are few Left ....I know ill see it in my lifetime

·
Registered
32 Posts
yep my boat is a non polluter and its faster then s..., it goes around the track on auto pilot, and kawi will further the demise of the two smoke when its standup comes out and its a good thing

maybe technology someday will make a very tiny lightweight four stroke engine for a freestyle boat, I will tell you one thing, on the jump in phrump my boat felt light as a feather and just kept going up and up and further out and never felt heavy it really likes to fly

·
Registered
163 Posts
They could but a rotary engine in a ski! That are very small 4-strokes. A rotary engine with two combustion chambers has the same power as a v6 of the same displacement!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
rotaries are nice, but the torque isn't there and with the eccentric in the middle of the engine, you need an offset gear or belt/chain setup to connect to the driveshaft. It gets complicated quickly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Didn't say it would be easy, and they don't have as much torque at the higher rpms but they do make more torque than a piston engine could ever hope to in the lower rpm range! And I figured that if they pass emissions tests in a car then they should work fine in a ski!

As for the off-set driveshaft, thats not correct on the newer rotaries. The eccentric rotates around a lobed central shaft which becomes a crankshaft of sorts...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Knightofwyte said:
Didn't say it would be easy, and they don't have as much torque at the higher rpms but they do make more torque than a piston engine could ever hope to in the lower rpm range! And I figured that if they pass emissions tests in a car then they should work fine in a ski!

As for the off-set driveshaft, thats not correct on the newer rotaries. The eccentric rotates around a lobed central shaft which becomes a crankshaft of sorts...
About a year ago I looked into this for a standup with some other people/companies. The rotaries that will physically fit in a standup hull have less torque in the midrange than a limited 2-stroke does, weight is about the same engine-engine (though the rotary would require something on the output shaft for alignment), and are much more expensive.

The output shaft is in the middle of the engine, and no matter how low you mount it, it will not align with a driveshaft in a standup, requiring some offset mechanism such as a gear/belt/chain setup which adds weight/complexity in an already tight area.

It could be done, but at a high cost. The really nice thing I was looking at was you can run them as a 2-stroke with premix.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts