Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here explain how to remove the thermo sensor switch from the top of the head on a 92 wave 111. It has a retaining plate with 2 nuts and a grommet that is inserted into the head. I took off the plate and started pulling the grommet out but then stopped for fear its connected to something inside the head. Do I just yank that sob out or do i have to remove head cover and disconnect something inside. Dont want to destroy anything by just pulling. Also any tricks to getting the new one in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
should be just the sensor, but you can find parts breakdowns on the web. Try New Jet Ski Parts and Used Jetski Parts - Jetskiparts.com they will have a online microfesh for you to look at that will help show you what your pulling apart. If i remember right you can also just use a jumper wire on the sensor to make it ineffective but not sure on that anymore, its been awhile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it but how does it come out.

Thanks for your responce. I see how it went in. Tight fit. How does it come out? I really dont want to have to pull the cylinder head cover to just remove a sensor. I pull on the wires and they of course just ripped right out. Sprayed wd into the hole, wont budge. Tried drilling a little hole for a slide hammer but the end of my slide wont grab. I even tried running the engine with out the retaining plate holding it in thinking maybe the compression would blow it out. Nothing. I guess i can jack with the slide hammer some more or tear it all apart again. Any tricks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts