Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! I am new to the forum and looking for opinions on a 1992 SEADOO XP I am thinking about buying.

Here is the ad:

1992 SEADOO XP BomBardier 560cc 2 seater. Needs work. I havent ran it since last summer, but im sure i could get it started with some new plugs & charge the battery which is fairly new. You could have a lot of fun If you are skilled mechanically or want to put a little money into this ski. It will do 50-55 easy & is a lot more agile & fun than the giant 2-3 seaters of today. Trailer is in good shape & has a big storage box attached. I have both titles for the ski & trailer although i never transfered over to my name. Serious buyers can email me for more specific info. $550 cash

Then I emailed the guy for more details and this was his response:

It does need work. How much I don’t know, Ive never taken it somewhere to have it looked at. You wont find a pwc that doesn’t need work for $400-500. If you are looking for one you can take to the lake this weekend then start looking to spend $1300 or more & you’ll still need to put some money into that from time to time.

The last time I was riding it was bogging down at low to medium speeds like it wasn’t getting a steady flow of gas. It was running fine when I had it opened up. It finally stalled on me in the middle of the lake & I couldn’t get started, so I put it up & haven’t messed with it since.

It has always had a slow gas/oil/water leak inside the engine compartment but I think that’s just a loose hose(s). .

Also, it needs a small part to keep the start button in place. I could easily sell for $1000-1500 if I were to put some time & money into it but I have a new ski now & im not very good mechanically. The trailer itself is worth $200-300.

If you are good with engines or have a good connection with someone who is, then this is probably a good buy for you

Do ya'll think this is worth pursuing??? What about upgrades? What kind of potiental does this thing have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You get what you pay for. How much time and effort do you have to devote to it? Parts and labor. Are you going to work on it your self? sound ifffy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts