Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 Yahama XL 800 that had set up for quite a while. I figured I would have to go thru the carburators when I bought it, but after changing the gas and cleaning everything, I was able to get it to crank and run. Actually it had 9.5 hrs on it and we used it all summer. At the end of the summer with 22 hrs on it, after riding for a while,I noticed the throttle would pull in when I cranked the waverunner up. This started out without any problems but then it got to where it took off wide open but would quickly unstick and run fine. The last time I rode it, it stuck and didnt want to release the throttle. This only happend while cranking the unit up while warm. Otherwise it ran flawlessly. And ideas? Is this a carburator issue? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle issue when cranking XL 800

Im not sure. It appears that while cranking something is pulling a vacuum on the throttle pulling it in. The first few times as soon as it cranked the throttle backed off to normal. I hate to go into the carb's until I'm sure that's the problem. It runs fine otherwise. Only a cranking problem. The wave runner sat up for 8+ years before I bought it. 9.5 hrs and now has 22 hrs. Ran great all summer except for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts