Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, here is the deal. Ive been threw 2 1000s. well kinda three, but i bought one ended up blowing it up, bought another one and stole some parts from the first one and blew it up. then combined all the parts to make a third not so good one and that one did not last long.

So here now i want to rebuild one the right way and give it some powwwwer.

so here is what i want to do:

i have std pistons in there and want to go to the oversized 85mm pistons. but that requires alot of work but think it would be worth it, i also want to completly rebuild the carbs or maby even get bigger ones. New reeds, along with an impeller.

Now to do the oversized 85mm kit i will use wiseco pistons. I read somewhere that to do this i need to bore it out, then weld in the iner o ring slot and machine a new o ring slot farther out and machine it all flat.

Anyone know if this is needed?

Also anyone rebuilt a TS? or did a big bore kit? anything will help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have those parts, but you should know that these were out of a blown engine. they cylinders may not or may need to get bored out. also the crank will need some work. Let me know if your still intrested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blown shark 1000

Soooo, here is the deal. Ive been threw 2 1000s. well kinda three, but i bought one ended up blowing it up, bought another one and stole some parts from the first one and blew it up. then combined all the parts to make a third not so good one and that one did not last long.

So here now i want to rebuild one the right way and give it some powwwwer.

so here is what i want to do:

i have std pistons in there and want to go to the oversized 85mm pistons. but that requires alot of work but think it would be worth it, i also want to completly rebuild the carbs or maby even get bigger ones. New reeds, along with an impeller.

Now to do the oversized 85mm kit i will use wiseco pistons. I read somewhere that to do this i need to bore it out, then weld in the iner o ring slot and machine a new o ring slot farther out and machine it all flat.

Anyone know if this is needed?

Also anyone rebuilt a TS? or did a big bore kit? anything will help

Hi

I have just blown my TS1000 so any info you have on your rebuild would be great.

The middle bore bigend overheated and push a hole through the bottom of the case:mad:

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts