Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and new to jetski's and two strokes, but I've got a pretty good automotive background, anyways I just bought a 94 tigershark 640 for basically pennies(it sat for two years). I got it home, pulled the plugs, and turned it over and a good amount of water sprayed out of the forward cylinder. The rear cylinder had no water in it at all. I checked for spark, it was good, put some fuel in it, and cleaned the plugs. I turned it over again with the plugs out and it is still spraying a little mist of water out of the front cylinder but the rear cylinder is fine. Then, I did a compression test, 150 lbs on the front cylinder, 140 on the rear. When I try and start it, I can hear one cylinder fire a few times, but it won't start. Any ideas appriciated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
640 Crank no Start

Hi Chucknorris. I am new to this forum. Lifetime Mech. Did you get it running yet? I'll check back to see if you still need help.
Get wet, have fun.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If the motor sat with water in it for 2 years, it is toast! If the block is in solid shape you can rebuild it but I'm betting all of the internals are rusted and junk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dont sound good but i cant see it having water in ther for 2 years or it would most likley be seized or stuck by now id try getting it dryed out put a bit of oil down each plug hole turn it over a few times, get new plugs give it a little prime down the carbs make sure its fireing good put the plugs in an give it a try with that kind of compression if all else is ok it should start an run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts