Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two tigershark 640 monte carlo's one is great and alot of fun.
tyhe other runs but is slow to respond to the throttle and dosnt have any power...today i pulled the plug that reveals the timing marks on the flywheel...when runnning there is comppresson and vacume from that plug...my other one dosnt have that issue...when it is runnning there is no compression or vacume at the plug...so whats wrong?.
i looked in the manual and it showes a seal under the flywheel on the crank...is that seal bad? if so..can i replace it without pulling and compltely disasembling the engine?...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Before you pull the magneto cover and flywheel, might want to check cylinder compression if you haven't done so yet. The low power condition is typical of a low cylinder compression engine. Not sure of the seal under the crank though, never changed one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply..i did check compression...it is low...120 mag...110 pto however it is a little higher than my other 640 and it runs great with no compression leak at the timing plug...thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 640 artic cat montego, having problems with the carburetor, when it starts it runs fine,once you shit it off its very hard to get started again, I am about to rebuild the carburetor now,when it was in the water at about a quarter to a half throttle it would bog out,anything else I should do besides rebuild the carburetor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts