Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently bought this ski and pretty much rebuilt the engine , but the first time i fitted the exhaust gasket it leaked water into the cylinders, as i cant see any place to put crank oil i wondered if the water could of gone in there ??

what lubricates the crank , ? is it the 2 stroke oil? if so how does it get in the crank ?

anyway i seem to have sealed it now and it runns ok ,

what lubricates the crank ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well first off you rebuilt the engine and don't know how a 2-storke engine functions? I'm not meaning to be a jerk sorry. Yes the 2-stroke oil that mixes with the gas also acts as a lubricant for everything: rings, wrist pin bearings, crank bearings, etc. 2-strokes have ports instead of valves(they do have reed valves but easier to explain the port theory) so it is always letting the mixture into the combustion chamber and when the piston goes up the oil goes into the crankcase via the intake port lubricating everything. I'm sure there are plenty of videos on the web describing this so don't mind the quick explaination.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool , just couldnt get in my head how the oil passed the rings to go in the crank and keep compression , logical theory right,,

what about the water will it burn off ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well water in the crankcase is never a good thing, but depending on how much got in usually its nothing to worry about. I believe it would be really hard to get it out anyway unless you tore it all down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts