Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this TigerShark 900 PWC for sale. Looks nice but has been stored for the past 5 years. What is the story behind Tigershark, are they still manufactured? Is this an ArticCat product? I know the real test is in the ride but am concrened about parts and service availability since I never heard of a Tigershark. Is it OK to start the engine without water or do you need to connect a hose like you would with an outboard?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Tigershark 900 was a 1995 model, unless you are just refering to a 900cc engine, which could be a couple different years. The last two numbers of the HIN (hull identification number) will be the model year. Tigersharks are Arctic Cat, and all are Suzuki powered. They were manufactured 1993 to 1999.
Parts are getting hard to find. Don't run longer then 10sec without flush kit.

Arctic Cat/Tigershark lost a patent enfringment law suit by yamaha and had the choice of paying 20 million dollars, or stop watercraft production for 5 years. With their marketshare so low, they opted for the 5 years, then said screw-it after that. Kawasaki has bought and used many AC patent rights in the past few years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts