Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I gotta 95 Tigershark, 2 cylinders. Anybody know the size engine it is? I did a compression check, it checks out at 95 a piece. Is that okay?

The problem I'm having is it is hard to start. The carb has been rebuilt, and its getting gas, and I have spark.

Please help... Memorial Day weekend is coming up, and I wanna play!:)

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got one carb. What should the compression be? Could I get better compression by just changing out the piston rings?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the first thing I checked out was your website. Keep doin what your doin and thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
157 Posts
ya you have a 640cc. you should be getting around 135 to 150, 150 is what you need. take the top head out and see how the cyl walls look like and if you can take a pic. if i was you and if you got the money i would just do a std top end or if you really want spend a little more just over size your piston and cyls. you can get this kit on any size you want Tiger Shark 639/640 Top End Rebuild Kit - PWC Engine, Inc. or this is just for one piston kit TigerShark 640 Piston Kit - PWC Engine, Inc. or you can just get the rings Tiger Shark 640 Piston Ring Sets - PWC Engine, Inc. ..... trick with just the rings that you can do like i did to my 770 with low compression was i had std pistons and i got .25mm over piston rings but thats only with the piston rings not the pistons cuz then it wont fit in the cyl... hope this helps and good luck. oh one last thing add like a tea spoon of mixing oil in the cyl and see if your compression goes up if it does then your rings are junk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello All!

I dove in the Tigershark over the weekend, and got up to the piston housing. This is where I ran into problems. How do I get the middle piston housing off? I was thinking about putting the top plate that holds the spark plugs back on, and try and pull it off with a comealong like under a tree or something. What do you think?

·
Registered
157 Posts
put the housing back on and put both pistons in the middle and you have to lift the housing stright up. you cant have one side higher then another and sometimes you have to hit the pistons with the handle of a hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts