Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,I am new to the forum and hope that some of you can help me. I have a 1995/6 tigershark montego with a Suzuki engine. It was laid up for about 10 years but I got it going again for a few days and seemed ok. Brought to lake about 6 weeks ago and went for the day ok. The following week I put it on the lake again however, it only went for about a minute or so and then cut out. Started again after about 30 secs but then cut out. A friend suggested that it might be something electronic cutting out when the temperature rises in the engine/engine bay compartment. So I replaced the whole ECU unit but still have the same problem! Now it wont even start, just the solenoid clicking! Very frustrating because the engine is running so sweetly when it runs. Definitely an electrical problem as it is an instant cut out as opposed to chugging if a fuel supply problem. (I cleaned the fuel filter). Unless there is something in the carburettor that would cause an instant cut out! Have any of you experienced this or can you offer some suggestions please?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
I'm assuming the battery is new. Try jumping the battery terminal lugs on the relay to see if the starter spins. Check the voltage of the battery before trying to start and when you press the start button. Should be 12.5 standing and no less than 11ish while cranking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts