Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Anyone recommend the best approach to take on replacing an stripped out engine /drive coupler on a Monte Carlo? Think its a `95. Should I remove the pump impleller/shaft to get at it? or remove the engine mounts and move the enigine forward... Sorry for the ignorance - but im used to kawasaki/yamaha's any help/hints/tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated. Looking for the easiest method... Thanks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did it the opposite way. On my '96 Monte Carlo, I pulled the pump, driveshaft, removed the back plug; put a chunk of rope into the cyclinder hole to hold the piston in place while I wrenched off the coupler.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
I did it the opposite way. On my '96 Monte Carlo, I pulled the pump, driveshaft, removed the back plug; put a chunk of rope into the cyclinder hole to hold the piston in place while I wrenched off the coupler.

that works!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I took the engine route - accually easier than I thought it'd be. Just needed a long extention for the engine mount bolts (between/below the exhaust manifold), and a buddy to keep track of the shims and to help with moving the engine forward enough to get in the new coupler. Then lining it all back up and putting the shims back in place and bolts back in...
Bout a 1 hr job...

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts