Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to pwc's but not new to 2 strokes. I recently picked up a '96 Tigershark from a buddy. I have it running good, but when I put water to the port side, I have a small drip coming from the bottom of the exhaust pipe down by the drain plug that is there. I do not know if he drained the exhaust beore storing it. Has anyone seen the cast craking from water being left in it over winter (Central Wisconsin) or is there enough room for expansion in the exhaust?
Also, when idling out of water, there is a loud rattle coming from the propulsion unit (whatever you call it). It looks like the "screw" shaped fin in the jet is making the noise when you look in from the end. Is this normal because it is out of the water? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds Like your bearings have fallen to bits on the rear impeller shaft best not take it in the water again till youve sorted it out or you will end up in trouble like i did. you can probably reach under the ski (when the engine is off) find the drive shaft and move it up and down and see the impeller rattle around in the wear ring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts