Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Every brand has its advantages and disadvantages depending on what you are looking for. Right now you basically have 3 choices in the US/Canada: Kawasaki, SeaDoo, and Yamaha. Honda has not produced a ski since 2009, and it looks like they are out of the ski business at least for now. I couldn't recommend one of their skis to a new owner. Kawasaki has the most stable rough water ski with the most storage capacity, but is by all accounts the least reliable, although probably most affordable ski. SeaDoo has the fastest skis with the most "extras" like brakes, suspension, etc.., but are also easily the most expensive skis to buy new. Yamaha falls in the middle with stable reliable skis, that are in the middle price wise (I'm talking about new models here).

Probably most important factor for you if you are considering a new ski, would be how accessable is the local dealer/mechanic. All the manufacturers have stopped production of 2 stroke skis, so only 4 strokes are available now, and they are pretty reliable compared to the older 2 strokes. Since they all come with a warranty for at least the first couple of years, I'd look around for a dealer that you feel familiar with and go with them.

If you are looking for used skis things get much more complicated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts