Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of Aquatrax and am very happy with them, we have one towable tube that is fun, but want to try some other ones. I would like one that is stable and holds at least 2 people that doesnt tip over too easily.

Any suggestions form experience?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Big Mable (get the new version with the sides). Very stable, hard to tip, can be towed from the front or the back to give the riders a different type of ride. Hard to submarine.

Disadvantages: Its Big! and Heavy, but I tow it with my FXHO. Should not be a problem with the Honda. The back rest and bottom use 2 different inflation points, so you have to pump it up at 2 different locations. May be too stable for your wild teen riders that want a more aggressive ride.

I use the Sportstuff Booster Ball along with this tube to keep the rope out of the wake (reduces the spray that the riders get).
g[/IMG]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen this one for sale and it looked very stable. But being quite new to all this I wanted to check. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
towable tubes

Hi there. Great decision to get a tubes that you can use with at least 2 people. We had an Aquaglide 3 person for a while but found we primarily used it for 1 or 2 people and didn't need the extra width so we got a RaveSport 2 person. We love it. It's lightweight and rides great. You feel very close to the water. Awesome ride, moves along quickly. There are a lot of choices out there so check them out. So far we have been happy with our purchases! Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been tubing a few times in the last few weeks on this Obrien Super Screamer. It holds my friend and I comfortably and we are both around 200 lbs. We've tubed two people behind a speedboat and one person behind my '03 XLT800 and it's a blast. It flies around corners with 1 or 2 people and is pretty easy to keep stable. It's pretty tough to tip over with two people on (even going around 30mph) and damn near impossible to flip a single person off. We were doing some crazy whips when towing behind the PWC and I'm betting the tube was going almost 40mph sideways, but just get the leading edge up in the air and bit and it'll catch the wind and glide across the water.

Oh, and it's speed tested to 46 mph in a straight line with a 215 lb rider lol :D

Overton's® > OBrien Super Screamer Tube - Watersports > Towables > 2-Person Towables : Water Tubes, Wild Towables, Mild Tubes, Inflatable Water Towables, Ski Towables

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love the booster ball. The spray was almost non existent, which was great and it really wasn't too much trouble having any additional inflatable to work with before and after. I was a little concerned about having the second inflatable but it was fine. Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts