Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Yahama VX Delux, and was wondering if you could tow it. We have a larger boat and I would like to tow the ski to where we will be staying for the weekend. This is the first ski we have owned and I know the sea doos can't be towed because they will swamp the motor. Does or has anyone towed a Yahama? If so what is the max speed? Let me know ready for the weekend Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have a 2006 Yahama VX Delux, and was wondering if you could tow it. We have a larger boat and I would like to tow the ski to where we will be staying for the weekend. This is the first ski we have owned and I know the sea doos can't be towed because they will swamp the motor. Does or has anyone towed a Yahama? If so what is the max speed? Let me know ready for the weekend Thanks!!!
You can have the same problem with the VX (swamp the motor). You can safely tow at around 5 mph without a problem, but not practical if you have to pull it any distance.

Alternative is to install a valve to prevent flooding. See here: Technical Tips for your Yamaha PWC / Jet ski - Full Wave Marine Scroll down to find how and where to install the valve.
The valve is also sold here: ISLAND RACING Scroll down to "Tow Valve Kit".

I think you could also just pinch off the line with some vice-grips for a quick fix for the weekend, but you may screw up the tubing.

Just remember to open the valve when you get ready to ride, or you will fry the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts