Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this Youtube video. Jet ski can be easily loaded and unloaded during low tide at more locations.

Anybody see anything like this before? What are the pros and cons? Where would I be able to find parts domestically to retrofit my bunk trailer with these bad boys (the manufacturer of the trailer in the video is in UK)?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love it! I sometimes launch of low tide beach and its a bitch to get ski on trailer. I will have to look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Is it a member of this forum that has these on his trailer?
I don't remember who gave the recommendation for the roller bunks. I looked into the roller bunks several years ago after someone from the UK posted a photo of a trailer that looks like the one you posted above. Someone on this, or it could have been another forum, posted that he used the Etrailer roller bunks on his PWC trailer and that they worked well. I saved the link for the bunks, but ended up storing my ski at a Marina, so I never got them.

The other option I looked into were bunk slides. I know several boat owners that use them, and say that they can easily push their boats off the trailer by themselves. They should work well for a PWC, are pretty cheap, and easy to install: NEW BOAT TRAILER CARPET BUNK PLASTIC SLIDE RAIL GLIDES | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is also a product called Liquid Rollers. It's basically a silicone spray that makes your current bunks function like rollers. Very easy to spray on and a lot cheaper than converting the bunks to rollers. Just make sure you have a safety chain attached to the ski and for obvious reasons, never back the ski down the ramp without it being attached.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ALLOY 28 ROLLER BUNK BOAT JET SKI TRAILER SYSTEM - FAST EASY LAUNCH & RECOVERY
e-trailers.co.uk
This is the place I found the roller bunks, and I saw a couple of places out of australia.
or just google ...jetski roller bunks uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts