Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Just bought a 1996 ZXI 750 today. The trim gauge says its down. When you press the up tab, makes no noise, doesnt move. top speed of the ski as is is 45mph... i weigh 150lbs. And this ski has mods. Guy says it will run 60 and i believe if the trim werent stuck down it would... Any ideas? im thinking it cant be the trim motor because it doesnt make any noise at all. Maybe fuse? or battery connection? I would appreciate any help thanks.
I wouldnt have a problem if it were in the neutural position. I just want the 60mph this ski should get. not to mention its taking alot of fuel to cruise at 30-35. Any ideas of how i can get it in the center and lock it?
Like the others pointed out the ZXIs are notorious for trim failures. The electrical box that houses the motor sits on the bottom of the hull right where water likes to flow. Water gets in and boom it's fried. You need to replace the whole box and I heard it's expensive. Talk about a design failure.

SeaDoo's VTS motors sit up high almost by the base of the handlebars. But Yamaha has the best system of them all, manual with the flick of the wrist and you're adjusted. No motors, electrics, etc. Faster and bulletproof. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I'm telling you have to buy a whole new box or at least a new motor. You can't half-ass these trim systems. I tried when I had a 95 900zxi with a blown trim system as well. Didn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts