Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1996 ZXI 750 today. The trim gauge says its down. When you press the up tab, makes no noise, doesnt move. top speed of the ski as is is 45mph... i weigh 150lbs. And this ski has mods. Guy says it will run 60 and i believe if the trim werent stuck down it would... Any ideas? im thinking it cant be the trim motor because it doesnt make any noise at all. Maybe fuse? or battery connection? I would appreciate any help thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldnt have a problem if it were in the neutural position. I just want the 60mph this ski should get. not to mention its taking alot of fuel to cruise at 30-35. Any ideas of how i can get it in the center and lock it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it apart, the motor is definately shot. The whole trim assembly box was full of water and corrosion. But now my question is, What can i do to lock the trim at center position??!! I cant move the cable? should i cut the cable and use some gorilla glue to get it where i want? I can upload a pic of the piece i need. it seems like a simple design.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At this point im not worried about being able to adjust the trim. I just want it to stay in the neutural position. I looked in the box and all the components were locked up tight. I think im going to attempt to weld the ball joint to the outside of the connecting rod, rather than the ball sitting in the rod. It will sit on the end of it, thus putting it into a centered position. It wont hinder the steering either because it rotates on a seperate axix. I think im going to try some silicone on it before i take permanent measures. Im almost positive this is the simplest way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Buying another trim box isnt an option that i will be able to fund this year. Im still in high school and i can barely afford gas for the thing. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
most have a bolt head you can put a wrench on to manualy turn it but dont force it you could cause further damage.remove the cover from the trim box and you should be able to acess it no prob. i had a ssxi one time and the trim box was under and to the side of engine had to remove engine to get to it. my sts is under storage bin in front very easy to do. hope yours is to good luck
Mine is too, well 2 bolts are, but theres always that one awkwardly placed bolt that takes 10 minutes of work fumbling with an allen key. :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts