Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Having it trimmed all the way down could definitely reduce performance. I don't know a lot about Kaw skis, but I've heard the trim motor is easily flooded, since the box it is in was poorly sealed. It is probably a bad motor or controller (motor making no noise at all makes me think..........bad motor). If you can wire the motor directly to the battery, you can find out pretty quick. You can occasionally see motor and controllers for sale on Ebay. I'd try to get it into a neutral position and lock it.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Not to steal your thread, but my 2002 yamaha FX140 has a stuck manual trim, and since it's stuck in the middle I have not messed with it, but am curious what I would take to fix it, it just seems stuck.
Almost always it will be from some corrosion at the twist grip connection on the handlebar on the FX. Usually a very easy fix. Just take the grip apart (pretty easy.......seems like it just a couple of screws). You need to release the cables to clean them up and lubricate them. A 2 screw cable luber is what I recommend. Then smear some grease inside the plastic housing, and you are good to go. More rarely the system can lock up in the rear of the ski. You have to take the 2 rear rubber curtains off behind the nozzle to get to the connections, but the same applies: clean the cables, and lube.

In really bad cases the cables may be so rusty that you have to replace them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts